Fly Fishing Clinic
We are nearing the end of our winter months and do not miss the chance to fish our cold waters
Come and join us for a free fly fishing clinic over the weekend to learn about fly fishing, equipment, casting and aquatic entomology
No matter your prior experience, if you’re keen to learn more about fishing for trout, we’d highly recommend you register for our Fly Fishing Clinic.
Anyone is welcome to join us for this exciting event
You will have the opportunity to fly fish our river and dams under the guidance of an experienced professional instructor.
So, what can you expect?
We will be hosting a full Saturday group clinic on the dams and river running through our valley.
The clinic will start with a run through of the necessary equipment and fly selections needed to be successful fishing any time of the year.
From there, our instructor will perform on-water demonstrations of the tactics he uses to fish cold waters
Once the demonstrations are complete, anglers will have several hours to test what they have learned with oversight from the instructor and our management team.
The goal of this clinic is to provide you with the knowledge and skills to feel more confident fly fishing any time of the year.
Remember fly fishing is easy and you may just catch your first fish. No fishing license is required.
We have rods fully equipped for rental.
Bring your own fishing equipment and for those that do not have fishing equipment please contact us to book your rental equipment. The rental is R200 per rod per day
Our instructor and management will help you get your fly rod rigged and ready to go.
Any fish caught must be released. Do not worry, our instructor and management team will assist you with this.
If you wish to take your fish home, management will clean your fish and you can purchase your catch per kilogram.
Number of participants will be limited to allow you to get the absolute most out of your weekend.
This will also give your instructor time to give in-depth assistance in all aspects of your fishing.
Please be prepared with hat and sunglasses, sunblock, and a camping chair if you would like to sit.
The program is:
- Arrive Friday afternoon and do your own rigging and gear set-up and try our waters.
- If time allows, you can fish the evening rise
- Enjoy a great meal with us in the Manor House. The instructor will discuss the plans for your weekend’s sessions.
- Saturday morning we will head out to the dams to enjoy a cup or two of freshly ground coffee and rusks.
- After the early morning’s session, we will head back to the house to enjoy a full English brunch
- After brunch we will gather at the dams for the late morning session.
- After this session you and your friends will then join us for a picnic lunch next to the river
- The afternoon session will be fishing the river. The instructor will give tips and tricks to fish the elusive trout in the river
- From there you can spend your time at leisure and catch the evening rise
- Join us for sundowners on the patio overlooking our first dam. Experience the most magnificent sunsets
- Saturday evening we will have a patio braai and an informative chat, reflecting on the day’s fishing.
- Sunday morning, up at sunrise, coffee and rusks at the waters and a chance to perfect those newly learned techniques and skills – putting them to good use.
- After a hearty brunch you will depart at your convenience
Join our Club
- You are also invited to join our Fly Fishing Club. The Club constitution will be explained, and the chairman and office bearers will be elected Saturday evening during the patio braai
- There is no membership fee to join the Club and members will have privileges to fish the waters at Valley of the Rainbow and will also qualify for discounts on accommodation
Important to note the following points on accommodation
- If you participate in the clinic you qualify for a 15% discount on accommodation
- Breakfasts, dinner, boma braai and Picnic Lunch are not included and the cost is R120 per person for a full English Breakfast, R350 per person for formal dinner and Patio Braai and R100 per person for the Picnic Lunch
- Coffee/Tea and rusks are complimentary, but all bar orders are according to prices on our bar list.
- Please book accommodation as soon as possible as we are not reserving rooms for fly fishing clinic participants
- Only guests staying over in our accommodation and registered for the clinic are allowed to attend the clinic
- Participants must book accommodation for the Friday and Saturday night and will have the option to book breakfasts, dinner, patio braai and Picnic Lunch
Invite your friends to join you by inviting them on our share web page
If your friends register you will also increase your entry points and your chance to WIN a Prize
The prize is a new book on Trout fishing just published
For more information on available accommodation please visit our website.
You can book your accommodation online and pay your deposit using our online secure credit card procedure
The discount will be calculated on accommodation when you check out